PADI Aware Fish Identification
Have you ever been scuba diving and asked yourself, “What was that?”
Lesson / Course Cost
- $200 pp
- $300 pp for private class
The PADI Project AWARE Fish Identification Specialty course provides you with the fish identification basics so that next time, you know the answer.You’ll find you enjoy your dives even more when you recognize the creatures that you see. If you know what fish family it belongs to, it becomes much easier to look up the local name or at least be able to intelligently ask the local scuba instructor what you saw. That works better than asking about a “yellow thingy with a funny tail fin.”
During two dives you gain hands-on (okay, eyes-on) experience in looking for and identifying the fascinating fish you see underwater. You’ll learn :
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- How to practice fish identification dive planning, organization and procedures
Good To Know
- Minimum Jr. Padi Open Water.
- Minimum Age is 10.
- Recommend Fish ID Book.
- Student to provide own scuba gear.