PADI Assistant Instructor
The Assistant Instructor is able to assist an instructor running courses and present the academic elaboration for any PADI Diver course under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor. The PADI Instructor must personally assess student knowledge development.
Lesson / Course Cost
- Call for class pricing
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
Good To Know
- Pricing is dependent upon the number of students.
- The independent study is supported by the Instructor assessing knowledge reviews, class work and subject exams. You must score 75% or higher on all the exams.
- Stamina snorkeling tests.
- Training development to ensure dive skills are to demonstration standard.
- Must attend Instructor Development Training (IDT) course for course presentation training.
- Course Duration: Approximately 1 week, but this can vary, dependent on the agreed schedule.
- Minimum age is 18 years old
- Students must hold Divemaster certification.
- Current E.F.R. or equivalent certification.
- Medical declaration of fitness to dive from physician.
- Proof of 60 logged dives by the end of the course.
A PADI Assistant Instructor may conduct:
- Discover Snorkeling and Skin Diver Course
- Scuba Review/Discover Local Diving
- Conduct open water skills evaluations during Open Water Diver course training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Independently teach Project AWARE (non-diving) Specialty Course
- Independently teach the AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation (non-diving) Specialty Course
- Independently conduct Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or confined water environment.
- Independently conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua Missions.
- Teach and certify student divers in a non-diving specialty after successful completion of a Specialty Instructor Training course for that specialty.