FII Level 1 Freediver Course
The Level 1 course is an introduction to the FII education system. It covers everything from safety & problem management, breathing techniques, & equipment selection to correct freediving methods for gradual depth progression.
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to master the correct basic freediving techniques of our system enabling you to confidently freedive to depths up to 66 feet/20 meters. We highly recommend taking the Level 1 Freediver course before proceeding onto the Level 2 course.
Throughout the FII Level 1 Freediver course you will learn:
- Level 1 Safety & Problem Management for Freediving
- Level 1 Breath-Hold Technique Development
- Level 1 Confined Water Rescue and Buddy Supervision Techniques
- Introduction to Freediving Specific Equipment
- Basic Physics and Physiology for the Level 1 Freediver
- Freediving Technique Development
- Correct Breathing for Freediving
- Equalization Techniques for the Level 1 Freediver
- Open Water Rescue Skills, Buddy Supervision and Self Evaluation
Student Learning Materials:
- Level 1 Student Manual and Workbook,
- Level 1 Academic Review
As a F.I.I. Level 1 Freediver you will use the following equipment:
Mask, snorkel, min. 3mm wetsuit, weights, weightbelt, fins, timing device. Basic snorkel/scuba style equipment is OK for the Lvl 1 course.
Level 1 Freediver. Students are not required to dive the maximum depth of the course for certification. FII certification tests are based on the skills and knowledge you will master throughout your course.
2 day course
Minimum Age Requirement:
16 years old